TX NATURAL RESOURCES CODE
TITLE 3. OIL AND GAS
SUBTITLE A. ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER 113. LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS
SUBCHAPTER K. LIABILITY OF LICENSE HOLDER
§ 113.301. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF LICENSED INSTALLER
A person is not liable for damages caused solely by a
malfunction or improper operation of an LPG system that the person
installed or serviced in a residential, commercial, or public
building or in a motor vehicle if:
(1) the person was licensed to perform the
installation or service;
(2) the installation or service was performed in
compliance with the safety rules and standards adopted by the
(3) the person has no control over the operation of the
(4) the person was not negligent; and
(5) the person did not supply a defective product
which was a producing cause of harm.
Added by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 80, § 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1993.
Amended by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 300, § 1, eff. May 26, 1997.