Chapter 55 - Oil And Gas

Article 5 Transportation And Sale Of Oils And Liquid Fuels

55-508 Liquid-fuel carrier's license; application, fee, certificates; suspension or revocation; notice and hearing

Any person who shall desire to transport any liquid fuels or motor fuels over the public highways of this state may make sworn application to the director of taxation for a liquid-fuel carrier's license or licenses, on forms prepared and to be furnished by the director and containing the information required and a fee of $10 for each vehicle to be used by the licensee. The director, upon finding such application to be in compliance with law, shall issue to such applicant the number of liquid-fuel carrier's license certificates applied for, but not exceeding one for each vehicle owned and to be used by the applicant in such transportation business. Each such license certificate shall be numbered and dated, shall show the name and address of the person to whom it is issued, and shall fully identify the vehicle in which it shall authorize motor fuels or liquid fuels to be transported. Such license certificate may not be assigned or transferred, and shall expire when the vehicle is transferred or destroyed, unless sooner suspended or revoked. When a liquid-fuel carrier acquires any additional vehicles after the original license has been issued, such liquid-fuel carrier shall apply for and obtain additional license certificates, the fee for which shall be $10 for each vehicle. For any violation of K.S.A. 55-506 et seq., and amendments thereto, the motor fuel tax laws of this state or the rules and regulations of the director, the director may revoke any liquid-fuels carrier's license, upon notice and hearing in accordance with the provisions of the Kansas administrative procedure act.

History: L. 1933, ch. 292, 3; L. 1943, ch. 290, 1; L. 1945, ch. 232, 1; L. 1957, ch. 429, 14; L. 1981, ch. 221, 2; L. 1988, ch. 356, 166; L. 1995, ch. 262, 15; L. 2001, ch. 38, 1; July 1.