Title 52 - Oil & Gas Code
§52-288.5A. Committee for Sustaining Oklahoma's Energy Resources.
A. There is hereby created the Committee for Sustaining Oklahoma's Energy Resources which shall be under the direction and supervision of the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board and shall be for the purpose of encouraging new processes or technological advancements to sustain the oil and natural gas industry in the future for the benefit of the citizens of this state and for advancing activities to support marginally producing oil and gas wells.
B. 1. The Committee for Sustaining Oklahoma's Energy Resources shall be made up of not less than twelve but not more than eighteen members. The Oklahoma Energy Resources Board shall select one member of the Board to serve as the chair of the Committee. Except as otherwise provided, members of the Committee shall be appointed by the chair of the Committee and approved by a majority of the Board.
2. The Secretary of Energy or a designee shall serve as a member of the Committee for Sustaining Oklahoma’s Energy Resources. The Secretary of Energy shall select one member of the Committee who shall currently be serving on the Oklahoma Energy Initiative Board on behalf of the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, the University of Tulsa or Oklahoma City University.
3. Of the remaining members of the Committee for Sustaining Oklahoma’s Energy Resources at least:
a. four members shall be independent oil and gas operators, of which at least one shall be from each of the four Corporation Commission regulatory districts as they existed on January 1, 2013, and each shall have operations in the district they represent,
b. one member shall be an independent oil and gas operator from Osage County and shall have operations in Osage County,
c. one member shall be an independent oil and gas operator selected from a list of operators submitted by the Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association,
d. one member shall be an oil and gas operator selected from a list of operators submitted by the Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association,
e. one member shall be an Oklahoma oil and gas royalty owner selected from a list of names submitted by the Oklahoma Mineral Owners Association, and
f. one member shall be an Oklahoma oil and gas royalty owner selected from a list of names submitted by the Oklahoma affiliate of the National Association of Royalty Owners.
4. With the exception of the Secretary of Energy or the designee of the Secretary, Committee members shall serve for three-year terms and may be removed from the Committee by a majority vote of the Committee with or without cause. The Oklahoma Energy Resources Board may establish any additional qualifications, requirements or conditions it deems appropriate for members of the Committee which are consistent with the provisions of this section. The chair of the Committee, with the approval of the Board, shall strive to select representatives of all facets of the oil and natural gas industry, and the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, the University of Tulsa, and Oklahoma City University, in addition to any other interested higher education institutions and governmental entities charged with duties and authority over relevant areas.
5. No member of the Committee shall receive a salary for duties performed as a member of the Committee; however, members may be eligible to receive reimbursement for necessary and actual travel expenses as provided for in the State Travel Reimbursement Act if approved by the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board.
6. Members appointed to serve on the Committee shall be eligible to serve on any other state board or commission if the member is otherwise qualified to hold such appointed office, notwithstanding the provisions of Section 6 of Title 51 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
C. The Committee for Sustaining Oklahoma’s Energy Resources is authorized to accept appropriations, donations, grants, contributions and gifts from any public or private source for the purpose of implementing the provisions of this act. The Committee shall deposit such funds in the revolving fund created in Section 288.5B of this title.
D. The Committee for Sustaining Oklahoma’s Energy Resources, with the advice and consent of the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board, is authorized to promulgate rules as necessary to implement the provisions of this act.
Added by Laws 2008, c. 309, § 1, emerg. eff. June 2, 2008. Amended by Laws 2013, c. 199, § 2, eff. July 1, 2013.