Title 52 - Oil & Gas Code
§52-420.6. Suspension or revocation of registration permits - Appeals - Rules governing sale or transfer.
A. The State Liquefied Petroleum Gas Administrator is authorized to suspend or revoke any registration permit issued by the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board or impose an administrative penalty, if it is found at a hearing on the matter, that the registrant has violated or is violating or has failed or is failing to comply with any provisions of the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulation Act, any rules or specifications promulgated or any order issued thereto, or has delivered a lesser quantity of gas than the registrant bills the customer for with intent to defraud.
B. 1. Upon the motion of the Administrator, or upon the receipt of written complaint from any member of the Board, or from any deputy administrator or safety code enforcement officer, that a registrant has violated or is violating or has failed or is failing to comply with any of the provisions of the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulation Act, the rules, or specifications promulgated or any order issued thereto, the Administrator is authorized and it shall be the duty of the Administrator to hold an administrative hearing pursuant to Article II of the Administrative Procedures Act to consider such complaint.
2. The Administrator shall have the power to conduct investigations; to summon and compel the attendance at such hearing of witnesses; to require the production of any records or documents pertinent to the subject matter of any investigation or hearing; and to provide for the taking of depositions of witnesses.
3. Notice of the date, time and place of any such hearing shall be given by registered mail not less than ten (10) days, exclusive of the date of mailing, before the date thereof, addressed to the registrant complained against and to any other parties involved, each of whom shall have the right to file answer, to appear and be heard in person and by counsel, and to present evidence at such hearing.
C. If the Administrator finds at the hearing that the registrant has violated or is violating or has failed or is failing to comply with any provision of the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulation Act or such rules, specifications or any order issued thereto, the Administrator, if the findings justify such action, shall issue an order suspending the registrant's registration permit for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days, revoking the registration permit, or imposing an administrative penalty of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) for each separate offense. Any administrative penalty imposed pursuant to this section shall be deposited into the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Fund, created pursuant to Section 420.11 of this title.
D. 1. The Administrator's findings, judgment and order shall be reduced to writing and be recorded in a permanent public record to be retained in the office of the Administrator. Copies shall be furnished to the registrant complained against and to the Board.
2. Any registrant who has been assessed an administrative penalty or whose registration permit is suspended or revoked by the Administrator may, pursuant to Section 317 of Title 75 of the Oklahoma Statutes, file for a rehearing, reopening or reconsideration by the Board. The registrant shall be given the opportunity to request a de novo hearing by the Board. Such decision by the Board shall constitute final action by the Board.
3. Any registrant who has been assessed an administrative penalty or whose registration permit has been suspended or revoked upon review by the Board may, within thirty (30) days after such filing, suspension or revocation, file an appeal with the district court of Oklahoma County or in the county wherein the registrant resides or has its principal place of business in this state, pursuant to Article II of the Administrative Procedures Act.
E. 1. Except for an emergency as determined by the Board upon the filing of a request for a rehearing, reopening or reconsideration or as determined by the court upon an appeal for judicial review of the order, enforcement of the Administrator's order shall be stayed pending final disposition of such rehearing or appeal.
2. Upon affirmance, the order shall become final and conclusive and the stay of enforcement shall be vacated.
F. The Board shall promulgate reasonable rules governing the sale or transfer of business, facilities or a permit connected with or to be used in operations subject to regulation pursuant to the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulation Act.
Added by Laws 1953, p. 224, § 6, emerg. eff. June 30, 1953. Amended by Laws 1965, c. 127, § 3, emerg. eff. May 24, 1965; Laws 1971, c. 351, § 3; Laws 1997, c. 234, § 3, eff. Nov. 1, 1997; Laws 1998, c. 67, § 1, eff. July 1, 1998; Laws 1999, c. 366, § 4, eff. July 1, 1999; Laws 2002, c. 202, § 3, eff. July 1, 2002; Laws 2006, c. 143, § 5, emerg. eff. May 10, 2006.